April 2, 2015 Meeting Page

From IDESG Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

SECURITY COMMITTEE / FUNCTIONAL MODEL MEETING NOTES

Meeting Date: April 2, 2015

Attendees

  • Aaron Guzman
  • Adam Madlin
  • Adam Migus
  • Ann Racuya-Robbins
  • Christopher Spottiswoode
  • Jerry Kickenson
  • Linda Braun, Global Inventures
  • Mike Garcia
  • Martin Smith
  • Paul Knight
  • Ryan Galluzzo
  • Sal D’Agostino
  • Seetharama Durbha


Meeting Notes

  • Adam Madlin led the call. Notes taken by Linda Braun


  • The following meeting notes were approved - March 12, March 10, March 5, February 26, February 24, February 19, 2015
  • General Updates
    • Management Council Meeting - ConnellyWorks has been updating the IDESG website. They shared information on the website update with the Management Council this week. There will be an overview at the virtual plenary as well. The site has much more modern look and works well with mobile devices.
    • Virtual Plenary – April 16th 1-5pm EDT. There will be an agenda item on attributes. Peter Brown will be giving his final talk to the plenary and will sign off as Chair of the Management Council. April 14th the new management council starts. Sal will be on the Management Council. There is a new effort around community engagement. Adam and Jerry Kickenson will provide an update on the Attribute Committee proposal. The agenda is on the website and you can view it here.
    • Attribute Committee proposal – has been presented to the Management Council. Adam indicated the work will begin and up to the new Management Council to development future plans. FMO will provide feedback on the proposal to come, most likely, after the virtual plenary. Sal provided comments on the proposal as did Jerry Kickenson and Martin Smith. It was suggested that these comments be forwarded to the FMO in their consideration of the Attribute Committee proposal. Comment was made that the April 1 Management Council meeting notes did not mention the proposal. Adam will follow up with the person who did the notes.
  • Security Committee leadership election – nominations open
    • Adam sent out the call for nominations on March 30 to the Security Committee and remains open through end of April. The Security Committee is managing the process. The election is planned for the first week in May. Adam is not running for the chair position, nor is Seetharama for vice chair.
  • Plan for Interaction Model Working Group
    • Seetharama will not be chairing the working group going forward. He is providing an overview of the work done and will pass along to the Security Committee. The Security Committee is looking for someone to step up to lead this working group. Comment was made that it might get flushed out better once Attribute Committee is in place.
  • Next Committee work area - Frame out our work on Security Requirements Assessment Guide
    • Adam discussed a proposed Security Assessment Guide. The Security Committee could provide guidance, direction, templates, and related content for the ecosystem to be able to confirm that the SC requirements are being met. SC could take requirements and augment them with information about what we would be recommending. We should be able to make some decent progress within the next few weeks. It could be a living document that will evolve over time.
    • FMO has the goal of early June to provide feedback on all the requirements.
    • Adam volunteered to put together a brief draft scoping overview of the assessment guide. The Security Committee might want to distribute a new matrix, with the high level requirements, gather input from the team, and take to the next level. More descriptive information than what is in the supplemental guidance now. There are 15 requirements.


  • Wrap up and actions for next week
    • No meeting on April 16 due to the virtual plenary. Adam will be traveling on April 30 so if anyone wants to host the Security Committee meeting, let him know.

Action Items

  • Adam to draft scoping draft for assessment guide.




Quick Links: Security Committee | Functional Model | Security Committee Meeting Notes | Security Committee Content