December 18, 2014 Meeting Page

From IDESG Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

SECURITY COMMITTEE / FUNCTIONAL MODEL MEETING NOTES - draft

Meeting Date: December 18, 2014

Attendees

  • Adam Madlin
  • Andrew Hughes
  • Ann Racuya-Robbins
  • Bev Corwin
  • Cathy Tilton
  • Bob Pinheiro
  • Christopher Spottiswoode
  • Hans Vargas
  • Jerry Kickenson
  • Ryan Galluzzo
  • Sal D'Agostino
  • Paul Knight (FMO)
  • Seetharama Durbha
  • Jamie Clark, FMO
  • Linda Braun, Global Inventures


Meeting Notes

  • Notes taken by Linda Braun
  • General updates:
    • This is the last Security Committee meeting of the year. Adam congratulated the team.
    • Adam indicated that the November 6 and 13th and December 11th notes have been posted to the wiki. No objections. Notes accepted.
    • Virtual Plenary comments: Standards Adoption Policy was approved. ROA changes ballot open until December 18 at 6:00pm EST.
  • Finalize draft security requirements
    • Ryan Galluzzo posted the first complete draft of the Security Requirements on the wiki https://www.idecosystem.org/wiki/Security_Requirements File: File:Security Requirements DRAFT v. 1.0 (20141218).xlsx. There are 14 high-level requirements that we are moving forward with.
    • Next actions – identifying one or more security requirement to push through the standards adoption process.
  • Discuss the Request for Security Requirements Interviews
    • The Security Committee has submitted a proposal to the FMO to provide staff to support efforts to gain industry input on the security requirements and the IDESG Functional Model via an interview process. The FMO will set up meetings with identified organizations and facilitate interviews on requirements.
    • The Security Committee would then take input and incorporate updates into the document and do one final review. Paul will be consolidating with other committee requirements by January 15 in preparation for the end of the month Plenary in Atlanta.
    • FMO will not be doing any editing on the requirements; they will prepare for easy discussion at the Plenary.
    • The committee reviewed and discussed the Request for Security Requirements Interviews document on the wiki here: FMO Request for Security Requirements Interviews. Adam asked if there were any suggested changes that the committee would like to make to the document. He and Jamie Clark answered several questions from the team for clarification. This is a first draft proposal to start discussions with FMO and the Security Committee to get the process going.
    • Suggestion was made that the Functional Model work within these interviews should be more wide sweeping across the IDESG than just within the scope of the Security Committee.
    • If you have organizations or individuals that you would like to see included on the list as potential participants to give feedback on the requirements, please fill out the form on the wiki and send directly to Ryan Galluzzo. These are individuals who should have expertise in security and organizations who might be interested in a self- assessment framework.
    • Request was made to let the Security Committee determine who will be included to be interviewed.
    • There are numerous steps that need to be done by the Security Committee, FMO, TFTM and other organizations. There will be opportunities to make suggestions and changes to the document.
    • Adam requested all feedback on this proposal go directly to him, in writing, before January 2. There are no participants on the list as of yet. In the same timeframe, we need proposals for nominees to be interviewed. At this point, he asked that we don’t overly formalize the process.
  • New business/other topics
    • All other topics will be covered at the January 8 meeting.


Action Items

  • Next meeting January 8, 2015




Quick Links: Security Committee | Functional Model | Security Committee Meeting Notes | Security Committee Content