January 19, 2016 UXC Meeting Page

From IDESG Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

USER EXPERIENCE COMMITTEE MEETING NOTES


Attendees:

  • Mary Hodder
  • Ellen Nadeau
  • Jim Zok
  • Paul Knight
  • Linda Braun, Global Inventures


Meeting Notes

  • Mary Hodder led the call. Notes taken by Linda Braun
  • Meeting was called to order at 11:59 a.m. EDT
  • Meeting Notes: Minutes December 1, 8, 22, 2015 and January 5, 2016 minutes approved.
  • IPR policy reminder:

http://www.idesg.org/portals/0/documents/governance/IDESG%20IPR-Policy.pdf

  • Recording policy:

https://workspace.idesg.org/kws/groups/idesg_members/download.php/475/Recording_Policy_Conduct_at_IDESG_Meetings[1].pdf

  • Roll call.


Minutes

  • Design Pattern work – discussed sending to TFTM, Privacy and Management Council for review.
  • Standards
    • ISO 29115 the Security Committee had already submitted this standard to the Standards Committee.
    • Ellen will find the Standards Adoption Process form and will send it to Mary.
  • Upcoming work
    • Dictionary – Mary was told that by early to mid-January a dictionary group will be put in place. No status update from the Management Council on whether the group has been formed. Activity is now overdue.
    • Guidelines and Metrics – Mary wants to make sure there is consistent terminology on the page with Design Patterns.
    • Matric document for UX Benchmarks – discussed in July – include in references page. Link goes to “10 benchmarks for user experience metrics.” UXC thinks links to specific articles are OK to include if there are no endorsement of products. We have a minimum standard for quality and it has to help people in a more general way. Mary will add as a resource and ask people to comment and offer others.
  • Ongoing action items
    • Keep - Transparency into Supplemental Guidance – consider for V2.
    • Done – description about reference materials and what to include on our page
    • Keep - Create another page for UXC review of other committees’ requirements
    • Removed – UX has an opportunity weigh in on anonymous terms in Healthcare
    • SME request – two SME requests – one from TFTM and one from UXC. No response from Jamie Clark as of yet on status. Paul will follow-up with Jamie.
  • Ellen’s input on About the User Experience Committee on the UXC wiki has been posted.
  • User Experience Guidelines Metrics
    • Mary took the team through the section to make sure there is consistency with the Design Pattern work. “For guidance on how to evaluate and measure the effects of these patterns, see the Metrics page. For guidance on how to evaluate the problems, see the Design Pattern page.”
  • Design Patterns – two done – do we want to do three more? Get these two out for comment first and then do the next three.
  • UXC immediate work
    • Document from Sal D’Agostino (review of SALs documents)
    • V2.0 requirements and supplemental guidance – committed to complete July 2016.


  • Next regular meeting, January 26, 2016.
  • Action: See above.


Adjourn

  • Adjourn: Meeting was adjourned at 12:57 p.m. ET