January 31, 2017 UXC Meeting Page

From IDESG Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

USER EXPERIENCE COMMITTEE MEETING NOTES


Attendees:

  • Mary Hodder
  • Tom Jones
  • Ellen Nadeau
  • Jim Kragh
  • Linda Braun, Global Inventures


  • Meeting Minutes
    • None approved this week.

7. Current Work and Activities Discussion: (50 minutes)

  • Mary did a short review of the items on the agenda and commented on upcoming activities for UX.
    • The team has been working on Tom Jones’ project for an RP system for IDESG.
    • There are two standards we would still like to submit. We could do these ourselves.
    • In the January 24, 2017 meeting notes, we put together a list of activities for 2017 as input to our work plan for the year.
    • Ellen sent the 800-63-3 standards to the team. Comment period closes March 31. UX could review/comment on. Usability is in each of the four documents. Ellen suggested we look at 63-A, Part 9
    • Chat from Tom Jones: For the UXC evaluation of the changes to NIST SP 800-63 on authentication

https://wiki.idesg.org/wiki/index.php?title=User_Authentication_Experience.

  • Action: Tom Jones will look at the standard for UX; Ellen volunteered to answer any additional questions at next week’s meeting.


    • Tom discussed the User Identity Privacy Risk Levels he put together. They are Anonyous, Pseudonymous, Weakly Authenticated, Strong Authenticated and User Identity Proof in Person.
    • For an indication to the user of the current privacy status

https://wiki.idesg.org/wiki/index.php?title=User_Private_Information

    • Mary suggested UX might want to add User Private Information on the 2017 work plan. Providing guidance to the ecosystem to areas where the thinking if fuzzy.
    • Action: Mary to update the pages on current projects in the wiki.
    • Action: Tom to create a new page on the wiki User Authentication Experience – how an individual will understand their state.


  • IDEF Registry Phase 2 work – nothing to do right now. In last week’s call, David T. asked if UX could look at the reports that are generated for the usage logs. They are a default standard for what WordPress does. We could make a recommendation on what the log reports should look like. Right now it is hard to make a decision on this given that there are not yet a lot of people going to the site.


  • Vulnerable Populations Working Group – they are fleshing out use cases. There has been a push to list use cases and having people sign up for specific scenario.
    • 800-63-A is Level of assurance
    • Denise Tayloe and Jim Kragh are meeting this week and will ask meeting attendees which area they want to participate in. VPWG next meeting is February 10, 2017.


  • Ongoing / Future Action Items (3 minutes)
  1. Consider insertions of the word "transparency" in supplemental guidance.
  2. Create another page(s) for UX review of other committees’ requirements
  • Adjourn
    • 12:58 p.m. EST


  • Next meeting is scheduled for February 7, 2017.