July 30, 2015 UXC Meeting Page
From IDESG Wiki
USER EXPERIENCE COMMITTEE MEETING NOTES - approved 8/25/2105
- Mary Hodder
- Noreen Whysel
- Ann Racuya-Robbins
- Suzanne Lightman
- Ellen Nadeau
- Linda Braun, Global Inventures
- Mary Hodder led the call. Notes taken by Linda Braun
- Meeting was called to order at 12:04 p.m. EDT
- Motion to approve the agenda accepted.
- Roll call; Quorum determination. Quorum was met.
- IPR policy reminder - https://www.idecosystem.org/system/files/filedepot/103/IDESG%20IPR%20Policy.pdf
- Requirements and supplemental guidance
- UXC started to work on HL Requirements 4) USABLE-4 All choices, pathways, interfaces, and offerings provided to users in digital identity management functions must be clearly identifiable by the users.
- Rewording to a couple of the bullets was completed by the team. Portability discussion was part of the conversation. UXC Supplementary guidance is not the place portability at this time. Mary indicated that IDESG is planning to add at least two additional requirements beyond V1.0 – and redress and portability might be included in a V1.2 or V1.3 to come out in the fall. Mary included a note about how the team will deal with portability in upcoming releases.
- Someone asked the question about V2.0 – Mary reminded folks that the UXC team had put V2.0 next to future requirements in the UXC V1.0 document as an indication the requirement is coming.
- Other questions and additions for 1.2+ requirements added as a reminder for future requirements.
- The term “confirmation option” discussed. Suggestion was to include in the dictionary. UXC changed the bullet for easier reading. Other edits to the rest of Requirement #4 bullets were made by the team.
- Mary added “pathway” to dictionary.
- Mary asked for a working session given that the rest of supplemental is due August 7 or we may spill over into the next week given that a few people will be on vacation. Could we submit supplemental on August 7 and then submit the dictionary a few days later?
- Chairs call update. “Should” vs “shall” language was discussed. FMO recommended “should” in supplemental guidance, however, we could change and use either should or must. UXC is using more “should.” Paul Knight was supposed to come back with guidance on this.
- Ann asked if it was OK to put in more human user in the dictionary. Yes, mark as “draft.”
- PR firm, ConnellyWorks, asked Mary to do a blog on user experience requirements and it should be on the IDESG Website in the next day or so.
Wrap up and actions for next week
- Next working session, Monday, August 3, 2015, 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. EDT.
- Next meeting, August 4, 2015.
- Meeting was adjourned at 12:35 p.m. EDT