Level of Assurance
Early Identity Assurance combined Identity Proofing and Authentication into a single list of four Level of Assurance criteria.
Specification from NIST and ISO are general and difficult to apply in real world situations.
Federations are likely to specify a detailed set of criteria that apply to their particular circumstances.
- Healthcare Exchange Standards Discussions of Interoperability Exchange, Privacy, and Security in Healthcare by John Moehrke -
CyberPrivacy. Topics: Health Information Exchange, Document Exchange XDS/XCA/MHD, mHealth, Meaningful Use, Direct, Patient Identity, Provider Directories, FHIR, Consent, Access Control, Audit Control, Accounting of Disclosures, Identity, Authorization, Authentication, Encryption, Digital Signatures, Transport/Media Security, De-Identification, Pseudonymization, Anonymization, and Blockchain.
- National HIE Governance Forum - Identity and Access Management for Health Information Exchange
- Direct Trust response to Request for Information on Updates to ONC’s Voluntary Personal Health Record Model Privacy Notice, 2016-04239
- NIST SP 800-63-1
- NIST SP 800-63-2
- ISO/IEC 29115 Entity Authentication Assurance - was based on 63-2, but has been withdrawn pending upcoming changes from NIST.
- NIST SP 800-63-3
- NISTIR 8344 a draft Ontology of Authentication release in 2021-02, comments due on 2021-04-09. It is expected that the ideas on IAA and OAA in tis doc will be carried forward to 63-4.