May 29, 2014 Meeting Page

From IDESG Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

SECURITY COMMITTEE / FUNCTIONAL MODEL MEETING NOTES

Meeting Date: May 29, 2014

Attendees

  • Adam Madlin
  • Ann Racuya-Robbins
  • Cathy Tilton
  • Colin Soutar
  • Jerry Kickenson
  • Mike Garcia
  • Ryan Galuzza
  • Sal D’Agostino
  • Sean Brooks
  • Seetharama Durbha
  • Steve Orrin
  • Suzanne Lightman



Meeting Notes

  1. Roll call; Quorum determination
    • Completed by Adam Madlin, chair. Quorum present.
  2. IPR policy reminder -
  3. Confirm note taking volunteer - Jerry Kickenson volunteered.
  4. Review agenda
    • No comments on proposed agenda.
  5. Security Committee Elections; Call for Secretary candidates; Review Election Timeline
    • Agreed last week to institute schedule such that nomminations open through tomorrow. Current nominations: Adam Madlin and Sal D'Agostino for chair, Seetharama Dhurba for vice-chair. Still seeking secretary nominations.
      • Online ballot open June 6 - June 13.
      • Results announced June 16.
    • Adam is working with Sudhi Umarji regarding who is eligible to vote. List has been checked against IDESG membership list, available on wiki. Must be an IDESG voting member and on the Security Committee. Discussion on what is in charter regarding required attendance at committee meetings to vote. Consensus was that attendance requirement applied to work decisions, not election of officers. "Member of Security Committee" is the list on the IDESG Security Committee web page (http://www.idecosystem.org/group/security-committee). Adam noted that this IDESG website list of Security Committee members has not been maintained, but up to date list is on the wiki instead. Adam stated that these two lists should be aligned. Adam proposed a union of the two lists for greatest inclusiveness. It was then noted that the result cannot give a single organization more than one vote, as per IDESG rules of association. It was agreed that the union would then be filtered to remove multiple organization members, if any. Also agreed to explicitly address committee membership maintenance in a future committee meeting, after the June plenary.
    • Nominated candidates must accept nomination via email to IDESG administrator, from their IDESG "official" email address.
  6. Review Upcoming Plenary Plans (Andrew Hughes to discuss, if participating)
    • Attribute AHG Roundtable to be held at plenary
    • Jerry will provide schedule preference to Adam by May 30.
    • Discuss Security Committee plans for plenary. Agenda is on IDESG website. Note to register and be aware of NIST campus access requirements, especially for non-US citizens. Adam walked through the plenary agenda. It was noted that this agenda is not entirely up to date. Ann Racuya-Robbins asked how presentation vs discussion timing is determined for panels, as she felt there is not sufficient time allotted for discussion. Adam responded there is no formula, but agenda planning has been done within management council and volunteers working on plenary, but Adam has not been directly involved.
    • Adam asked if anyone felt the Security Committee should make any requests for plenary sessions or activities? One suggestion was a session around functional model, in order to confirm value of the work with entire plenary and support collaboration with committees other than Security. Adam reported there is none, and there was some pushback in having one. However, at the committees report, functional model could be a focus (although there is no real discussion during committee reporting). Adam proposed we request a joint committee meeting with Use Case, Privacy and Trust Framework around functional model - committee has no objections.
  7. Review Chairs Dashboard status for Security Committee - Not covered.
  8. Review Attribute AHG ToR - Postponed to next meeting. Jerry will send out an email to listserv framing the issues.
  9. Review Functional Model Introduction paper, prepared by Mike Garcia - Not covered.
  10. Describe ID Ecosystem Taxonomy (of which Functional Model is part), contributed by Tom Jones - Not covered.
  11. Other business
  12. Wrap up and actions for next week




Quick Links: Security Committee | Functional Model | Security Committee Meeting Notes | Security Committee Content