May 7, 2015 Meeting Page

From IDESG Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

SECURITY COMMITTEE / FUNCTIONAL MODEL MEETING NOTES - draft

Meeting Date: May 7, 2015

Attendees

  • Adam Madlin
  • Adam Migus
  • Ann Racuya-Robbins
  • Bob Pinheiro
  • Christine Abruzzi
  • Christopher Spottiswoode
  • David Temoshok
  • Lee Aber
  • Linda Braun, Global Inventures
  • Mary Ellen Condon
  • Paul Knight
  • Ryan Galluzzo


Meeting Notes

  • Adam Madlin led the call. Notes taken by Linda Braun
  • Meeting notes for April 2 and 9 approved. April 23 and 30 notes will be posted and voted upon at the next meeting.
  • Agenda
    • Work status and updates
    • New Business
    • Wrap
  • Work status and updates
    • Security Committee election: Adam officially closed the nomination period for the role of the Security Committee chair. Mary Ellen Condon has been nominated as the chair. No nominations received for vice chair or secretary. Adam will initiate an online election to remain open for seven days. Adam will stay involved through the next couple of weeks and will work with Mary Ellen to make sure everything is running smoothly. The Security Committee stills needs nominations for vice chair and secretary and Adam will work independently to find interested parties. The question was asked if we needed to hold an election given that only one person was nominated for chair. There is no formal process, but Adam felt we should hold an online election for transparency purposes.
    • IDESG Leadership Retreat: Will be held May 19 & 20 @ID.me Tyson’s Corner, Virginia
      • Adam will not be attending, but encouraged Mary Ellen to contact Marc Anthony about participating.
    • Virtual Plenary – June 25: Meeting is expected to be held for at least three hours. Draft agenda expected by May 15. All work items for approval to Management Council by May 22.
    • Framework Management Office Update:
      • Comments sent out last week to Security Committee. Not something that needs to be responded to in a specific way. FMO will be sending harmonized requirements back to the Security Committee May 8 or over the weekend.
    • Idecosystem Stories Project: Andrew Hughes is initiating a new project in the area of branding and awareness of IDESG. Project is to document real world stories of users and user communities that would benefit from an identity ecosystem. Andrew will be capturing those stories to make them a part of the lifeblood of the organization. Project kicked off last week. Update on the project expected at the June plenary. IDESG needs to have a focused effort to develop awareness and one of best ways to do that is to find stories that the idecosystem brings to the world.
    • Committee Chairs Report: FMO has committed to sending formal feedback to the Security Committee. They have put together a schedule for framework v1.0. Deadline for Security Committee to process FMO feedback is May 22. Feedback from FMO says the Security Committee requirements are relatively straightforward. Paul Knight indicated that the FMO will be harmonizing the use of the language, phrasing that is ambiguous, but they are not seeing anything of concern to address. However, the Security Committee still needs to complete all processing of requirements by May 22. Adam will lay out schedule and send instructions to the Security Committee once FMO has sent out their document. Adam asked each committee members to think about the feedback on each requirement and be ready to process any changes. He will engage with a few others to facilitate the meetings and suggested that we may have extra meetings between now and May 22 to process. Next: TFTM will be putting all requirements into a category to be sent to the management counsel May 26 and presented at plenary at the end of June. Plenary will not vote on each requirement, but will provide judgment on whether the body of work is in a state of readiness to be circulated to the public, thru pilots of the self-assessment projects and other methods.
    • TFTM has an oversight role in the process. They recently discussed how they can assist each committee in this phase. Members of the TFTM will participate in the upcoming discussions around the Security requirements. We will have some folks from TFTM joining one or two of the Security Committee meetings.
      • Someone asked if a member of the FMO will be at the next Security committee meeting as we go through the FMO feedback? Yes.
  • Wrap up and actions for next week
    • Next meeting May 14, 2015

Action Items

  • Adam to provide online election vote mechanism.
  • Work on finding nominees for vice chair and secretary roles.
  • Publish instructions on how the Security Committee will handle FMO feedback on requirements




Quick Links: Security Committee | Functional Model | Security Committee Meeting Notes | Security Committee Content