November 13, 2014 Meeting Page

From IDESG Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

SECURITY COMMITTEE / FUNCTIONAL MODEL MEETING NOTES - draft

Meeting Date: November 13, 2014

Attendees

  • Adam Madlin
  • Andrew Hughes
  • Ann Racuya-Robbins
  • Bob Pinheiro
  • Cathy Tilton
  • Christopher Spottiswoode
  • Hans Vargas
  • Jerry Kickenson
  • Linda Braun
  • Martin Smith
  • Mike Garcia
  • Ryan Galluzzo
  • Sal D'Agostino
  • Steve Orrin
  • Suzanne Lightman


Meeting Notes

  • Notes taken by Adam Madlin
  • Previous meeting minutes approved, with exception of 11/6 meeting notes, with no objections. Allow one more week for 11/6 meeting notes review.
  • General updates:
    • Adam Migus has resigned as committee secretary
    • Code of Ethics and Code of Conducts has been approved. They will be shared with the plenary soon.
    • FMO process has been finalized, and will be shared soon. We will discuss the FMO process in early December.
  • Interaction Model working group cancelled for this meeting as Seetharama is out sick today.
  • Attribute Assurance working group proposal, let by Jerry Kickenson
    • Jerry provided an overview of his proposal to make the Attribute Assurance group a full IDESG committee.
    • Action: Adam must confirm the process for forming a new committee.
    • Discussion was held regarding the scope of this working group and that it should be expanded beyond the proposal. Jerry will update proposal to expand the scope.
    • Discussion about whether there is sufficient interest in participating in this committee. There was good attendance at plenary event, but not at working group meetings. Need to confirm that there is appropriate interest warranting proceeding with committee formation.
  • Security requirements baseline definition discussion
    • Mike Garcia and Ryan Galluzzo presented a new proposal , based on previous discussions and listserv activity, they want to update their proposal in order to move the process forward.
    • The new proposal is:
      • Requirements define the proper execution of all the Identity Ecosystem core operations and functions that support transactions requiring A digital identity; authentication; and access control.
      • This proposal was fully discussed with the committee, with a consensus vote taken at the end of the discussion. The committee agreed to proceed with this definition, allowing requirements work to continue.
      • Security requirements comments disposition planned for next week.
      • Will distribute the latest version of the documents to review prior to next week.


Action Items

  • Adam Madlin: Determine the process for getting a new IDESG committee approved.
  • All members: review security requirements documentation (already distributed) in preparation of next week’s comments disposition.