Patient Interaction with HIE
From IDESG Wiki
A use case for a Patient Interaction with HIE (Health Information Exchange) service.
- This is one constituent of a Health Care Profile
- The primary source of information was the IHE IT Infrastructure White Paper of the Integrating the Healthcare Enterprise. (2020-12-02)
- While the source document addresses legacy content sharing infrastructures, this use case will only address FHIR ver 4.
- User = health care provider requesting information about a patient that is seeking healthcare.
- Patient = the subject of the Electronic Health Record (EHR).
- Content Creator = a web addressable holder of EHRs.
- Content Consumer = a physician or practice seeking information.
- Share Content is a registry (or registries) describing a Document Sharing infrastructures including MHDS, XDS, XDR, XCA, etc. but see comment above limiting the scope to FHIR ver 4.
- Medical Record Locator Service
- Patient Consent Locator Service
- See related use case Health IT Record Location Service (Data Aggregation)
- and FHIR to the Patient Use Case