September 17, 2014 Meeting Page
From IDESG Wiki
SECURITY COMMITTEE / FUNCTIONAL MODEL PLENARY BREAKOUT MEETING NOTES
Meeting Date: September 17, 2014 – Tampa Plenary
- List will be documented.
- Notes taken by Ryan Galluzzo
- Focus of the meeting will be on the Framework Plan and Strategic Plan
- If you would like to contribute standards for adoption, send the recommendation to the chair and leadership of the Standards Committee.
- Mike described the process for approval of the functional model:
- It is now a plenary document and out of the Security Committee’s hands.
- Kim will be accepting amendments to the document on Friday.
- Adam will be sending out a potential amendment for the committee to review, it is intended to address the health care committee’s concerns over accountability.
- The committee will review the proposed modification tonight and discuss tomorrow via list serve or during one of the meetings.
- Jack provided a high level overview of the framework plan.
- There was significant discussion around how standards and requirements relate, and this needs further clarification in the Framework Development plan.
- Jack also suggested taking the functional model and having the committee ensure it is consistent with the “plan” that they produced.
- Jack stated that the current requirements development approach in use by the committee is aligned with the Framework Dev Plan.
- Gaining approval of the standards adoption policy should be a high priority for the standards committee since all standards adoption is dependent upon having this in place; the Security Committee will still seek to recommend standards, but until the SAP is approved that will be a secondary priority to a (still a priority, Just not the top priority)