September 3, 2015 Meeting Page
From IDESG Wiki
SECURITY COMMITTEE / FUNCTIONAL MODEL MEETING NOTES - draft
- Mary Ellen Condon
- Adam Migus
- Adam Madlin
- Paul Knight
- Steve Orrin
- Sal D’Agostino
- Christine Abruzzi
- Paul Knight
- Linda Braun, Global Inventures
- Mary Ellen led the call. Notes taken by Linda Braun.
- Roll call; Quorum determination. Quorum was met.
- IPR policy reminder – https://www.idecosystem.org/system/files/filedepot/103/IDESG%20IPR%20Policy.pdf
- Approval of minutes for August 20, 2015 pushed to next meeting.
- IDESG Baseline Requirements and Supplemental Guidance
- Mary Ellen reviewed the feedback from the FMO and MC on the IDESG Baseline Requirements and Supplemental Guidance. Most of the edits for the Security Committee were cosmetic, grammar related. There was a discussion around the use of MUST for supplemental. Security Committee agreed on the content as presented in the latest draft. The current MUST statements will stay. Does the supplemental guidance need to be voted on? Sal shared that anything normative needs to be in front of the plenary. Plenary has already voted on the baseline requirements. The team continued to discuss the importance of clarify in both the requirements and supplemental.
- Plenary approval at this point has been focused on baseline requirements. Upcoming plenary expectation is that the plenary will ask for approval on normative statements. Example is Page 34, SECURE-4 CREDENTIAL PROTECTION which contains a MUST statement.
- Where did the idea that guidance can’t be normative? It’s not that guidance can’t be normative, but in this case, management decided that normative statements need to be voted on. Suggestion was made to vote on supplemental whether it is normative or not. Sal will bring this up at an upcoming management call regarding vote on supplemental. Adam Madlin moved that the committee move to accept content as is with grammar changes made by FMO. Steve Orrin seconded. No objections. Motion passed.
- New business
- Is there a need to hold a Security Committee meeting while in Tampa? Adam Madlin stated the strategy plan is being updated and they are requesting input from the committees. We might want to do a committee review/discussion at the plenary or at a meeting after the plenary. Mary Ellen will not be attending the Plenary, Steve Orrin, Adam Madlin and Adam Migus will attend. Strategy Plan discussion will be postponed until a later Security Committee meeting.
- If anyone wants to sponsor the Plenary, there are still sponsorships available. Contact M.A. or Sal D’Agostino for more information.
Wrap up and actions for next week
- None noted.
- Next meeting: September 10, 2015
- Next Plenary is in Tampa, September 24 & 25, 2015. The Management Council meeting is September 23, 2015.
- Meeting was adjourned at 1:36 p.m. EDT.