From IDESG Wiki
Full Title or Meme
Emergency Access applies when normal channels for access to User Private Information must be overridden to save life or property.
- User is non-responsive and emergency technicians need to acquire medical information.
- User is not present and property access to data is required to avoid loss to property for local are regional disasters.
- Patient matching for life threatening events.
- Patient in an Emergency Room should not be discharged without the Primary Care Physician (or relevant specialist) being notified.
- Patent and Emergency Contact Information Use Case will be notified when, where and what care was given.
- PULSE - Patient Unified Lookup System for Emergencies
When disaster strikes and families are relocated to shelters in their community or even further afield, prescription refills and other healthcare needs become more challenging. The Sequoia Project, in support of the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), is developing a nationwide deployment plan for the health IT disaster response platform known as the Patient Unified Lookup System for Emergencies (PULSE). The Patient Unified Lookup System for Emergencies (PULSE) is a nationwide health IT disaster response platform that can be deployed at the city, county, or state level to authenticate disaster healthcare volunteer providers. PULSE allows disaster workers to query and view patient documents from all connected healthcare organizations. Sequoia also formed an advisory council to inform PULSE's progress.
- PULSE project @ Sequoia which included a COVID update on 2020-03
- Why electronic health records will replace EMS patient care reports (2017-07-17)