Difference between revisions of "February 9, 2016 UXC Meeting Page"

From IDESG Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
(Created page with "==USER EXPERIENCE COMMITTEE MEETING NOTES == <br /> '''Attendees:''' <br /> *Mary Hodder *Ellen Nadeau *Jim Zok *Noreen Whysel *Suzanne Lightman *Jim Kragh *Paul Knight *Lind...")
 
m (4 revisions imported: Initial Upload of old pages from IDESG Wiki)
 
(3 intermediate revisions by 2 users not shown)
Line 45: Line 45:
 
Please also add brief entry per standard in Standards Inventory list at https://wiki.idesg.org/wiki/index.php?title=Category%3AStandards (note the "Add Standard" button there
 
Please also add brief entry per standard in Standards Inventory list at https://wiki.idesg.org/wiki/index.php?title=Category%3AStandards (note the "Add Standard" button there
 
from Paul Knight to Everyone: www.iso.org/
 
from Paul Knight to Everyone: www.iso.org/
**There is a listing of standards as part of the Standard Committee inventory.  We should add these to the list. The inventory is the basic pool of standards; members are encouraged to add more.
+
*There is a listing of standards as part of the Standard Committee inventory.  We should add these to the list. The inventory is the basic pool of standards; members are encouraged to add more.
 
Ellen provided another link to get the specific URL.  from Ellen Nadeau (privately):
 
Ellen provided another link to get the specific URL.  from Ellen Nadeau (privately):
 
http://www.iso.org/iso/home/store/catalogue_tc/catalogue_detail.htm?csnumber=52075
 
http://www.iso.org/iso/home/store/catalogue_tc/catalogue_detail.htm?csnumber=52075
 
from Ellen Nadeau to Everyone:
 
from Ellen Nadeau to Everyone:
 
http://www.iso.org/iso/home/store/catalogue_tc/catalogue_detail.htm?csnumber=52075
 
http://www.iso.org/iso/home/store/catalogue_tc/catalogue_detail.htm?csnumber=52075
**Upcoming work
+
*Upcoming work
 
**Dictionary:  Mary strongly suggested at the last Management Council meeting that we needed to get a group going to work on the glossary.  
 
**Dictionary:  Mary strongly suggested at the last Management Council meeting that we needed to get a group going to work on the glossary.  
 
*SALS review
 
*SALS review
Line 67: Line 67:
 
'''Adjourn'''
 
'''Adjourn'''
 
*Adjourn:  Meeting was adjourned at 1:04 p.m. ET
 
*Adjourn:  Meeting was adjourned at 1:04 p.m. ET
{{FMWGNavBar}}
+
 
 +
[[Category:User Experience]]

Latest revision as of 03:58, 28 June 2018

USER EXPERIENCE COMMITTEE MEETING NOTES


Attendees:

  • Mary Hodder
  • Ellen Nadeau
  • Jim Zok
  • Noreen Whysel
  • Suzanne Lightman
  • Jim Kragh
  • Paul Knight
  • Linda Braun, Global Inventures


Meeting Notes

  • Mary Hodder led the call. Notes taken by Linda Braun
  • Meeting was called to order at 11:59 a.m. EDT
  • Meeting Notes: Minutes from February 2, 2016 were approved.
  • IPR policy reminder:

http://www.idesg.org/portals/0/documents/governance/IDESG%20IPR-Policy.pdf

  • Recording policy:

https://workspace.idesg.org/kws/groups/idesg_members/download.php/475/Recording_Policy_Conduct_at_IDESG_Meetings[1].pdf

  • Roll call.


Minutes

  • Trustmark Evolving Design Pattern
    • The team continued the review of updates submitted by Ellen on design pattern text. Discussion followed.
    • Jim suggested this design pattern is about using a trust framework to some degree. If someone was to follow the trust framework there would be additional requirements over the requirement in our IDEF. Therefore talking about adding requirements in evolving patterns isn’t unreasonable. If there are the IDEF requirements, then you have additional requirements based on the trust mark you are planning to use.
    • For things were we don’t have requirements, we should be using “should.”
    • We shouldn’t have language that sounds like a requirement.
    • Probably best way to get around this is to state at the beginning of the design pattern section that the design pattern is not part of the IDESG requirements. We don’t want to be accused of creating backdoor requirements.
    • The group agreed to add additional language to Section 2.2 When to use Design Pattern – Problem Description. These design patterns are offered as suggestions for inclusion for how to approach identity in an IDEF ecosystem. Where applicable, we have pointed back to IDEF requirements. These design patterns should not be construed as conflicting with IDEF requirements. Action: Suzanne will finalize wording.
    • Jim Kragh joined the call.
    • Action: Ellen will review the section: When to Use this Design Pattern” and make edits to that section as well.
  • Evolution of a Trustmark section
    • Added second paragraph: “Entities using trustmarks should make sure that users are fully informed by issuers of Trustmarks and display changes in ways that are accessible to users.
  • NSTIC Guiding Principles Considerations section
    • Privacy Considerations seem random. This wording added: “The assumption for this section is that uses of this design pattern would be following the requirements of the IDEF, in particular the Privacy and Security requirements.”
  • Healthcare Section
    • Action: Jim Kragh said he would review and provide feedback.
    • Jim said Heathcare has a document that is being harmonized with IDEF. He promised to send a copy to Mary after the meeting.
    • Action: Ellen will take a look at the common pattern section this coming week.
  • ISO Standards discussion.
    • Mary shared one of the nominations she filled out via the form. It was for ergonomics of human-system interaction. Ergonomic standard to improve Human Computer Interaction (HCI). Mary will submit the forms later today.
    • Paul said to list a general ISO URL. He sent the following via chat: From Paul Knight to Everyone:

Please also add brief entry per standard in Standards Inventory list at https://wiki.idesg.org/wiki/index.php?title=Category%3AStandards (note the "Add Standard" button there from Paul Knight to Everyone: www.iso.org/

  • There is a listing of standards as part of the Standard Committee inventory. We should add these to the list. The inventory is the basic pool of standards; members are encouraged to add more.

Ellen provided another link to get the specific URL. from Ellen Nadeau (privately): http://www.iso.org/iso/home/store/catalogue_tc/catalogue_detail.htm?csnumber=52075 from Ellen Nadeau to Everyone: http://www.iso.org/iso/home/store/catalogue_tc/catalogue_detail.htm?csnumber=52075

  • Upcoming work
    • Dictionary: Mary strongly suggested at the last Management Council meeting that we needed to get a group going to work on the glossary.
  • SALS review
    • User testing walk through feedback has been very good. Mary will be the chair of the newly formed sub-committee to help build out the product. They met yesterday to set the gears in place. Most likely the sub-committee will meet on Friday afternoons, ET.

No changes to the following:

  • UXC is waiting on Jamie Clark’s review of SME Request.
  • Ongoing action items
      1. 1 - Insert “Transparency” into Supplemental Guidance – consider for V2.
      2. 2 - Create another page for UXC review of other committees’ requirements
      3. 3 – Waiting on Jamie Clark’s write-up on SME request.
      4. 5 – Citations needed – language for DPs.
  • Next regular meeting, February 16, 2016.
  • Action: See above.


Adjourn

  • Adjourn: Meeting was adjourned at 1:04 p.m. ET