ISO/IEC 29115 Entity Authentication Assurance
Title: Entity Authentication Assurance
ISO/IEC 29115:2013 provides a framework for managing entity authentication assurance in a given context.
In particular, it:
- specifies four levels of entity authentication assurance;
- specifies criteria and guidelines for achieving each of the four levels of entity authentication assurance;
- provides guidance for mapping other authentication assurance schemes to the four LoAs;
- provides guidance for exchanging the results of authentication that are based on the four LoAs; and
- provides guidance concerning controls that should be used to mitigate authentication threats.
Derived from NIST SP 800-63-2 which has been replaced in the US by verion 3.[[Category:Assurance]