|This article is under construction and should not be considered complete.
Last modified by Omaerz
IDESG SELF-ASSESSMENT LISTING SERVICE ("SALS")
|The definitive current text for this document is posted on the Web. Any versions in static downloadable form are provided for convenience only, and may not always represent the most current information.|
|PDF DOWNLOAD LINK: https://workspace.idesg.org/kws/public/download/432/latest/SALS-Terms-of-Use-v3.98-20160111.pdf|
Identity Ecosystem Steering Group, Inc. ("IDESG") operates the IDESG Self-Assessment Listing Service (the "SALS") as a publicly accessible registry designed to allow Identity Ecosystem Service Providers ("Service Providers") to self-assert their compliance with the Identity Ecosystem Baseline Requirements ("Baseline Requirements"). A Relying Party (that is, the owner or operator of a web site or application that authenticates an identity credential) may also register with the SALS as a Service Provider.
The SALS is provided to the public for general information purposes only, and it is only an indicator of a Service Provider’s asserted conformity to the Baseline Requirements. The SALS is not intended to be relied upon as a definitive statement of a Service Provider’s performance against the Baseline Requirements or any other standards. IDESG does not endorse Service Providers who self-assess themselves against the Baseline Requirements. Because the SALS is a listing service for self-assessments by Service Providers, the IDESG conducts only a limited review of applications submitted by Service Providers. It does not independently validate or confirm the information submitted through the SALS application process. For more information, please refer to the Application Instructions and Attestation Forms. While the IDESG respects the rights of third parties, we do not respond to inquiries regarding the content of a Service Provider’s listing. IDESG requests that SALS Users inquire with the relevant Service Provider by using contact information provided in the SALS.
Terms Related to Service Providers that Apply for Listing in the SALS
- <1.1> General Matters
- <1.2> The SALS Listing Process
- <1.2.2> The IDESG maintains two separate listings—Applicant Providers and Listed Providers. After a Service Provider has completed its self-assessment, it will proceed with one of the following paths:
- <18.104.22.168> Service Provider will assert its full compliance with all applicable Baseline Requirements, and will submit a Self-Assessment Matrix and SALS-Full-Attestation [link] (a "Listed Provider").
- <1.2.3> After Service Provider has uploaded (a) its completed Matrix, and (b) either its Full Compliance or Status Report Attestation (collectively, "Listing Information" or "Completed Application Package"), IDESG will perform a limited review of that application to attempt to verify the authenticity of the submission and that the application is complete. IDESG will then upload the Self-Assessment Matrix to the SALS.
- <1.2.4> IDESG may refuse to post, or may delete, any Listing Information that in its sole judgment violates these Terms, is inaccurate or otherwise is ineligible for inclusion in SALS.
- <1.2.5> Service Providers must cooperate with IDESG and provide any additional information reasonably requested by IDESG in the course of its review of Service Provider’s submission, and any other information that IDESG deems necessary from time to time to maintain the SALS.
- <1.2.6> Service Provider must update its listing at least on an annual basis, and ensure that its listing promptly reflects any material changes to its policies, procedures, systems, or operations.
- <1.2.7> IDESG may mark any listing that has not been updated in 365 days as "expired," and may remove from the SALS any such expired Self-Assessment Matrix ninety (90) days following such expiration, if the listing has not been updated.
- <1.2.8> After IDESG has posted Service Provider’s Self-Assessment Matrix on the SALS website, Service Provider may indicate on its website and in its promotional material that, "[Service Provider]’s Self-Assessment of compliance with the Identity Ecosystem Baseline Requirements is posted in the Identity Ecosystem’s Self-Assessment Listing Service, at http://j.mp/idesgSALS", and Service Provider may publish a link to the page of the SALS website where its Self-Assessment Matrix is posted. However, if Service Provider is no longer listed on the SALS, has not updated its Listing Information within the prior 365 days, or has not updated its Listing Information to reflect material changes as required under Section 1.2.6, it must promptly remove any such reference from its website and cease conducting such promotional activities.
- <1.2.9> IDESG reserves the right at any time to begin charging fees for posting to, and maintaining listings on, the SALS.
- <1.3> Rules about SALS Listings
- <1.3.1> Service Provider is solely responsible for all Listing Information and other information that it provides as part of or in connection with the SALS program.
- <1.4> Service Provider Warrants and Represents That:
- <1.4.1> It owns or has the rights to use the Listing Information that it submits or posts on the SALS, the Listing Information is not confidential or trade secret information of Service Provider or any third party, and it has the right and authority to post the Listing Information without any restriction;
- <1.4.2> Its Listing Information is true, accurate, correct, complete and up-to-date, as of the dates it has specified as applicable to such information, and will remain such as long as it is included in the SALS; and
- <1.4.3> Its provision, and IDESG’s display or other use, of the Listing Information will not breach any law, regulation or contractual obligation owed by Service Provider to a third party, or violate the patents, copyrights, trademark rights, trade secrets, or any other intellectual property rights, contract rights or other rights of any person or entity.
- <1.5> Indemnification
- <1.5.2> If Service Provider is a government entity (including a public college or university), then this Section 1.5 shall apply only to the extent that it is not prohibited by law.
Terms Related to Users in General
- <2.1> General Matters
- <2.2> User’s Agreement
Rights to and Handling of Information
- <3.1> License and Use of Listing Information
- <3.1.1> By submitting Listing Information and other information relating to the SALS program, Service Provider hereby grants to IDESG a limited, non-exclusive, sub-licensable, worldwide, fully-paid, royalty free license to use, modify (for formatting purposes), publicly display, reproduce, and distribute such information, all without the need to obtain any third party’s permission. This license includes the right to host, index, cache, and tag that information, as well as the right to post it on any media or platform known or hereinafter developed.
- <3.1.2> Service Provider agrees that IDESG may, and is entitled to, appoint one or more third-party service providers to use the data in accordance with the IDESG SALS Data Handling and Use Policy.
- <3.2> Intellectual Property
- <3.2.2> IDESG owns the trademark "IDESG" and all names, logos, trademarks, or service marks posted on the IDESG website or contained in the IDESG SALS program. None of these names, logos, or marks may be used without IDESG’s prior written approval.
- <22.214.171.124> Any and all trademarks or service marks that Service Providers present in conjunction with the SALS service are owned by, and their use shall inure to the benefit of, their respective owners.
- <126.96.36.199> Each Service Provider and User retains all right, title, and interest, including all intellectual property rights, in the information it provides to the SALS program.
- <188.8.131.52> If Service Provider uploads a trademark, service mark, company logo, or similarly protected mark ("Mark") to the IDESG SALS website for display in connection with its own Listing information, it grants IDESG a limited, non-exclusive, and revocable license to use and display such Mark in connection with the SALS program, and for publicity and marketing purposes to the general public, as long as Service Provider is listed on the SALS website.
- <3.3> Feedback; License Granted. Service Providers and SALS Users have no obligation to provide IDESG any suggestions, comments or other feedback in any form ("Feedback") relating to the SALS program. However, any Feedback that is voluntarily provided may be used in any manner and without restriction by IDESG in the SALS program and in any other IDESG programs. If you do provide IDESG with Feedback, you: (a) grant IDESG a non-exclusive, sub-licensable, worldwide, fully-paid, royalty free license to freely reproduce, license, distribute, and otherwise use such feedback in any IDESG program or service; and (b) agree that you will not give IDESG any Feedback that you have reason to believe is subject to any patent, copyright or other intellectual property claim or right of any third party.
- <4.2> IDESG DOES NOT MAKE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WITH RESPECT TO THE SALS SERVICE. THE SALS IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY (EXPRESS OR IMPLIED) OF ANY KIND.
- <4.3> SERVICE PROVIDERS AND OTHER USERS AGREE THAT THEIR USE OF THE SALS PROGRAM IS AT THEIR OWN RISK AND THAT THE SALS IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS "WITH ALL FAULTS" AND "AS AVAILABLE".
- <4.4> IN NO EVENT SHALL IDESG’S TOTAL LIABILITY FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES, AND CAUSES OF ACTION RELATED TO, OR CONNECTED WITH ANY LISTING INFORMATION OF ANY SERVICE PROVIDER EXCEED THE GREATER OF (1) THE AMOUNT SUCH SERVICE PROVIDER PAID TO IDESG IN CONNECTION WITH SUCH LISTING INFORMATION, OR (2) ONE DOLLAR (US $1.00).
No Representations or Warranties
In addition to and not as a limitation of the foregoing, IDESG makes no representations or warranties (express or implied), guarantees, or conditions with respect to, or that may result or arise from or be related to:
- <5.1> The Listing Information, the content of any self-assessment, or other Service Provider confirmation information available on or through the SALS;
- <5.2> Any Service Provider’s or User’s use, or inability to use, the SALS or its content, including claims for negligence, misrepresentation, unfair or deceptive practices, defamation, libel, slander, infringement, or other violation of rights;
- <5.3> The accuracy, currency, truthfulness, availability, or timeliness of Listing Information and other information made available through or derived from the SALS program, business interruption, mistakes, omissions, interruptions, deletion of files, errors, defects, delays in transmission, unavailability, interruption, breach of security, viruses, or other problems with the operation of the SALS website or related computing or network resources;
- <5.4> The efficacy of the SALS, merchantability, satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, workmanlike effort, or that the SALS meets any specific requirements; or
- <5.5> The absence or inadequacy of any risk assessment regarding, or formal review of, any Service Provider’s compliance with the Baseline Requirements.
- <6.4> Notifications.
- <6.4.1> To Service Providers: IDESG may provide any notifications about the services or information that are required by law to Service Provider via email to the address specified by the Service Provider. Notices emailed will be deemed given and received when the email is sent.
- <6.4.2> To Users: Notices to SALS Users will be posted on the appropriate parts of the SALS website.
- <6.4.3> If either a Service Provider or a User cannot receive notices electronically, then they must stop using the service and notify IDESG. IDESG may be contacted by electronic mail sent to SALS@idesg.org [mailto: link].
- <6.9> No Partnership. The posting of Service Provider’s Listing Information on the IDESG SALS forms no partnership. Neither Service Provider, nor IDESG, has the power or the authority to obligate or bind the other.
- <6.10> Force Majeure and Limitation of Liability. Under no circumstances, including negligence, shall IDESG, the IDESG Board, or any IDESG members, agents, contractors or representatives be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, punitive, or consequential damages, or loss of profits, use, data, goodwill, or other intangibles, even if IDESG is advised of the possibility that such damage or loss, including but not limited to the following:
- (a) Business interruption or the cost of procurement of substitute products or services related to Service Provider’s or User’s use of, or inability to use, the SALS service;
- (b) The use of, or inability to use, the SALS or the decisions made or actions taken by Service Providers or Users based on the information posted on the SALS;
- (c) Mistakes, omissions, interruptions, deletion of files, errors, defects, or delays in operation or transmission; and
|>>||Forward to:||SALS Data Handling and Use Policy|
|>>||SALS Dispute Avoidance and Resolution Process|
|<<||Back to:||SALS Application Package|