Jump to navigation Jump to search
Full Title or Meme
User's have the right to notification of disclosures of the private information.
- Privacy regulations now require Data Controllers to notify the users or
- the Consent Receipt should be considered as the initial messaged from the Data Controller to the user.
- User recovery and redress is dependent on no User Notice for operations.
The effort that resulted in the* Consent Receipt was the first of open notice messages.
- Usable consents: tracking and managing use of personal data with a consent transaction receipt was published by Mark Lazar and Mary Hodder on 2014-09 at UbiComp '14
- Open Notice Registry Data Flows was contributed to the Kantara Consent and Information Sharing work group by John Wunderlich on 2014-07-13)
- Dazza Greenwood opened Open Notice project at MIT law on 2014-09-12 with great fanfare, but little progress was made after the grand goals were established. The only remaining evidence is this this Bithub repository'
- Users are not used to receiving and maintaining information about their accounts online. In general they relay on getting state of their account by going online, typically to the merchant that maintains an account for them.
- No amount of grand designs or lofty goal have made any impact on the user's ability to see their account status at website. The users seem to have little incentive to take any effort to take control of their own data.
- Giving user's more control of their own information must be included in some other value proposition before users will take any effort to exert their own control.